Friday, July 18, 2008

Pigeons

OK so we have had a bit of a problem with the dang pigeons since we have moved to Las Vegas. Everyday there are at least 50 pigeons that sit on our roof and poop all day long. That is a lot of pigeon poop. There have also been some instances where the pigeons have ran into our bathroom window upstairs. When this happens the pigeons leave a little "pigeon dust" for evidence. I like to call germ infested dust. One of the pigeons hit the window and fell to the ground and was injured badly. I hate those things but I did feel so bad for this pigeon considering I had to smash it's head with a block to put it out of it's misery and cause I didn't want to put an alive pigeon in the garbage. So Our neighbors got this fake owl and put it on his house and the pigeons stopped going on his house. Instead the pigeons were all on my house. We trekked it over to Wal-mart and bought two fake owls. We were both excited about the owls because we were for sure they were gonna work take a look.


Here is our house with the owl in the top crack kinda small but it is there. This was 15 minutes after the owl was in place and we were so excited.

Then an hour after that I decided to go get the mail and I looked up and there they were four little brave pigeons. Let me remind you that it was hard work getting those owls up cause our house is so tall and it we had to borrow the tallest ladder just so we could jump up on the roof.

Yep still there even if I threw a rock at them. On a positive note there are not 50 to 100 pigeons on that spot, just four brave souls.

A closer look at them looking at the owl hunched over just cracked me up. We have come to the conclusion that a BB gun is the next step in our quest for pigeon free home:)

10 comments:

Mike and Alleen said...

I hate pigeons. Rats with wings is what Michael calls them. We had a huge problem at our last house. None here though--but we have crickets like crazy!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Disgusting!!!! At least they are not quite as many now!

All 4 of us said...

Where are the rock climbing pictures? ! :)

Brittany said...

I was really sad to hear that you smashed the pigeons head in with a boulder but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do!! I'm sure I'd be annoyed with those dang pigeons too!! I hope the owls still working!!:)

Sarah Greener said...

Ewwww pigeons....... I am sorry about the infestation and sorry that you had to bash one in the head with a rock. I am glad that the owls worked for the most part! Hopefully you can get rid of the remaining four!

Jason & Karen said...

Hey you! IT was so good to hear from you. SOrry it has taken so long to get back to you. How is Vegas? Have you taken your NCLEX yet? How did it go? I am horrible and honestly haven't touched a book ALL summer long. Hope it doesnt put me too behind when I start up in August... Hey I need to get your address so if you get a chance can ya get it for me?? Thanks!! Tell clint hi and I hope you guys are having FUN!!!

The Robinson's said...

I love the owl, lol! I am glad you found the solution for the Pigeons:) We would love to go to Lake Mead and have you guys meet us out there! I will have to call ya soon to cordinate schedules!

skinners said...

Christie- I love the pigeons! It looks like you guys are doing great! Your house is beautiful. I love finding people's blogs that I haven't seen in forever. I have to tell you, I think my dad has missed his milkshakes although I am sure you were more than happy to say goodbye to the restaurant!

Molly said...

Hey Christie! I haven't talked to you in forever and thought I'd say HI. I hope you're having fun. I love your blog!

Brittany said...

So when I was reading this story it reminded me of Failure to Launch when her roommate is so annoyed with the bird (do you know what I'm talking about) so she buys a gun and then you said the next step is a BB gun....thats hilarious!! Isn't her roommate the funniest character ever? Good luck with your pigeons!