Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Taji will be missed

Well If you havnt already heard that our beloved chihuahua has passed away. It was very tramatic and very sad. I decided to write about it because I am trying to get over the situation. It all started about 6 days ago when me and Clint were sleeping and heard Taji jump off of our very high bed. This was really wierd for him becuase he never has ever jumped off of our bed. He apparently had to go to the bathroom really really bad. So over the next couple of days he was just not acting like himself. He started eating a lot and drinking a ton of water. I really thought it was weird but he wasnt acting like he was sick. We went to Utah for clint's dad's birthday on Sunday and Taji was breathing really hard and really fast. Most dogs repirations are usually between 30 and 40 breaths a minute and Taji's were about 80- 90. There were no vets open that would not cost a bizillion dollars so we waited till the morning and took him in at 7 a.m. when they opened. They ran some blood work and took some x-rays and told us he was fine and sent him home. That night he was not fine as he would fight for every breath he took and he was walking weird and panting while he was breathing. His pupils were fixed and would were nonreactive to light and his nuerological status was really poor. We then decided to take him back in that next morning and they immediatly put him on oxygen and gave him pain medications. We still had no idea what was the matter and he was getting worse by the minute. The vet wanted to listen to his heart but his respirations were too deep to hear it. They decided to sedate him and after the sedatitive was administered he experienced a seizure. The vet then administered Valium to stop the seizure and that is when he stopped breathing. They called me and told me that they were performing cpr on him and I had told them to continue until I got there. At 11:05 Taji had passed away and we are still wondering what it might have been from. I think He may have hit his head on the fall from our bed and suffered a hemmorhagic stroke. There really was no way to find out. We took his little body home and decided to bury him at our house so we could go visit it frequenlty. We had a little ceramony with me clint and cash. I know that he was just a dog but he was our first child. Clint got him for me 6 years ago for Valentines day and I enjoyed every minute I had with him. Thanks for listening to me ramble. We will miss him dearly

2 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

I really am so sad for you guys. I know how much you loved that little guy! Was that whole story true? Did they really do CPR on him? It seems, based on your thorough medical history you gave of him, that you are more than ready to take your NCLEX! Good luck with it, let me know how it goes! Love ya!

Brittany said...

Christie, I am so sorry about little Taji!!! I feel so sorry for you!! I know how it is to love a pet that much. I almost started crying when I read your post. I feel really bad for you guys!!